Sunday, October 12, 2014

THE MORNING WALK



So here I am in Southern California,  finally getting over a vicious case of jet lag that lasted longer than it usually does, but after two nights that did not see me get up at 3 am, we are back at it I say. 

Still trying to get my bearings right in this area, I started walking the immediate neighborhood and today I took some images for the Blog. Not anything similar to my walks in Jarnac,  but still a very nice backdrop of mountains and desert. There is a park across the street with lots of ducks, a small "old town" with shops and offices, we have a post office, banks and everything else we need in walking distance. So, not a bad location to start with. 
Not going to brag about the weather, but yes, it's going to be 100/38 today. A dry heat it is, similar to our years in Vegas with minor differences, as this area seems a bit more vintage than where we lived before.  

Walk along and enjoy the images



VIEW FROM THE HOUSE AT 8 AM

LOOKING DOWN THE STREET WE ARE ON

THAT MAKES ME SMILE

THE PARK ACROSS THE STREET

COLORS

 ARTIFICIAL RAIN

HELLO, I HAVE NO FOOD

LE POND

NICE COLORS

I NEED TO FIND OUT THE NAME OF THIS RANGE

AMERICAN ROADS

OFFICE BUILDING

LOOKS GOOD BUT NOT AS OLD AS THE ONES IN FRANCE 

OH, AN ERECTION ELECTION

"OLD TOWN"

I THINK THE REAL ESTATE MARKET IS NOT FULLY BACK YET

SETTING UP THE MARKET

DO THEY SHAVE?

DESERT LANDSCAPING

LEMONS OR LIMES, NOT SURE

A VERY BUSY COFFEE SHOP

IT'S NICE

I NEED TO WORK HARDER

8 comments:

Nadege said...

Sorry, I have deserted my favorite blogs in favor of Facebook! Isn't the range (looking West) part of San Yacinto mountain? East would be San Bernardino range.
I love Palm Springs when the temps go down and it should happen pretty soon, after Halloween. Have a wonderful time with the girls.

H.Peter said...

Thanks Nadege, they are so close to the house, we can almost climb them

Ken Broadhurst said...

You are only about 40 miles from where our friend CHM used to live. You should go have a date shake in Thermal. Take drives to Borrego Springs and Joshua Tree. We spent a lot of time down there in the 1990s and early 2000s.

melinda said...

love the ducks coming for u.....those mountains sure are bare looking

H.Peter said...

I had to research Date Shake Ken, now even more curious about them.
Indeed lots to do here.

H.Peter said...

These are not Austrian Alps for sure Melinda. But with the sunshine, the make for an amazing backdrop here.

Linda said...

Lovely photos.

H.Peter said...

Thank you Linda