Sunday, August 24, 2014

FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL



Today I went to Angouleme originally to check out a Brocante which unfortunately was a Bric A Brac, or garage sale. Nothing special.
So when I decided to check out city center for a walk, there were lots and lots of people in front of the Mercure Hotel and cameras and black cars. 
Realizing it's the weekend where some french movie people are in town for that festival, celebrating movies we never get to see in North America, unless you have an art cinema in your town.

So that was a  good time,  taking pictures of people I have no idea who they are. While all the fans were blocking the entrance, yours truly just went into the hotel through the restaurant patio in the alley, but I either was under dressed or did not look like show biz people do, since a security man showed me the exit right away.... then I stood with the rest of them outside,  and just clicked when the people started yelling. I did not see Sophie Marceau who was in town as well, but someone did tell me that the first person to come out was Sylvie Vartan. French Urgestein. Johnny Hallyday was her husband.

I liked the security guy who kept telling me to step back please, until he realized he had to say it in English. And the crew who set up the food market building for a party after tonight, they were fun too. They will sneak me into the party tonight. But first I need to dress more artsy, they told me. Huh?
So if you recognize someone in the images,  please let me know.


THE FESTIVAL

THE FILMS


CONVERTED FOR A PARTY

FUN PEOPLE WHO SET UP THE VENUE

IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL

I SNUCK INSIDE... THEY TOLD ME TO LEAVE

FANS

MORE FANS

PLEASE MISTER. STEP BACK

NOT MY PICTURE OF SOPHIE MARCEAU

SYLVIE VARTAN 

NO IDEA WHO








2 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Well, I have no dirt for you on the attendees, but I did come across this "tidbit."

"France – People fainting and being taken to hospital is what producers of schlock horror B-movies used to promise in the 1950s. But apparently that is just what happened at a French Film Festival in Angouleme.


Participants of the International Francophone Film Festival in Angouleme French were not ready for it. Already after a quarter of the film “Little Queen” in the audience prevailed movement through drastic scenes of blood transfusion. People fainted, and one of the spectators was transported to the hospital. The session was stopped and the cinema evacuated.

The film “La Petite Reine” (French for “Little Queen”) tells the story of a Canadian Genevieve Jeanson, who was a cycling champion. The film shows a scene where the heroine is transfusing blood. Participants of the festival were not made ??aware of the dramatic scenes.

After the first unsuccessful attempt to view the film, the organizers decided to postpone it for tomorrow. This time, every viewer will be informed about what we see on the screen, and in addition there will be doctors in the hall."
- See more at: http://celluloidjunkie.com/tag/4k/#sthash.2kMzwNYG.dpuf

H.Peter said...



That's brilliant Shirley.