Thursday, July 17, 2014

SPICY SNOW PEAS



It's nice and hot here in the Charente this week and a very good thing about it being mid thirties, you are not as hungry. 

I never bought snow peas before, but we always had them in the fridge, probably because Madame bought nutritional stuff more so than me .....

So when I saw them at the store yesterday, I bought some but was bored quickly just eating them raw.  Not much in the fridge, but enough to cook them up Chinese style. It took me less than 5 minutes, no chopping or dicing, just heat some oil, throw in the peas, add the spices, two minutes tops if you enjoy them to have a bite.  I added the tomato for color, but they carry their own with the soy and tangy fish sauce flavor. 






SZECHUAN PEPPERS, GINGER, SOY & FISH SAUCE, PEAS

MAKE THIS.

4 comments:

Nadege said...

Colorful and delicious! I am glad you are eating so well while the girls are gone.

H.Peter said...



It's because I only show what I want them to see.......

Nadege said...

I so disappointed Peter! I thought you were a perfectionist and really disciplined… Just kidding, I always say "just enjoy life and be happy.

Nadege said...

I wish I could edit and repost like on Facebook. I AM disappointed. I thought I reread what I wrote too. I am multi tasking which may explain my mistake. I am sorry!