Saturday, June 07, 2014

SOME PICTURES



Though the day started out with heavy rain at seven in the morning, it ended up to be a very nice, hot day. When I came back from Angouleme around 4 pm, the thermometer showed 31 Celsius. That's pool weather. 

After a quick dinner I went on a short walk around town and did take my camera with me, not sure why, but I took some random images. It's really quiet after 7 pm here, you can see the empty streets. It's not an exception, it is the rule in rural Charente.

Christians are celebrating Pentecoast and when I passed St. Peter's there was a crowd and most kids were dressed in white. Nice. Now if only I would know what this holiday is about.

Enjoy the pictures

VICTORIA'S FLOWERS ARE BRIGHTENING UP THE ALLEY


PENTECOAST


THE HOTEL IS BUSY 

GREAT SPOT FOR PEOPLE WATCHING.....

LOOKING GOOD

STORE FOR RENT BY THE MARKET

DID I TELL YOU THAT WE HAVE A LAUNDROMAT  IN TOWN?

NICE DAY

DOWNTOWN JARNAC AT 8 PM







2 comments:

Nadege said...

I used to know what Pentecost was about but I forgot since I stopped going to church a long time ago. I might Google it and I am sure it will all come back.

H.Peter said...



I did look it up Nadege. Still don;t get it