Monday, June 23, 2014

HACK ATTACK


GOOGLE KNEW IT



All is good. I am not stuck in Madrid and I do not need 1000.00 to fly back home to my aunt's funeral. I received an email from a Blog reader with whom I conversed in the past about a pending move to France.
Google even alerted me in RED that the attachment may be not what it seems to be, etc etc. So I emailed back asking simply " For real?" And then the equally short reply hit my back up email account, which was truly bizarre, since not many people have it. It said, "yes" and I thought it's a safe document.....

Things went downhill quickly and as a precaution I shut down the TCH associated email address and with it, the Blog. I took my laptop to our local IT shop and indeed, some baaaaad virus came into my system . But it got quarantined quickly and not much more happened, but it was a weird experience. So, Mrs. K from Kalispell Montana, if you still follow my Blog, you got hacked. Bloody hell. I am still cranky.

World Cup anyone? Last night's final second equalizer by Portugal made me upset having stayed up until 2 am to watch that fantastic game! But my prediction that Germany and USA will advance and Ronaldo gets to go on a long holiday is much closer to reality now. 

 RONALDO, A MAN WITH A HUGE HEART

4 comments:

Emm said...

Nice to see you back again. And always listen to Dr. Google. She knows all. :-)

melinda said...

i was wondering what had happened to ya.....i kept checking every day....glad it's straightened out.....

H.Peter said...

I agree Emm....never again.

H.Peter said...


Thanks for checking in Melinda.
Should be good now.