Wednesday, May 07, 2014

VIKTUALIENMARKT



When I travel by car, I prefer Sundays since there are less trucks and faster driving conditions. But I was delayed leaving Hinterstoder on my last trip and as feared, it was slow go on the high way. So I decided to break up the trip and stop  in Munich this time. 
Arriving mid afternoon, I knew the market I wanted to visit would be half finished, but the permanent stalls were still open. 
Maybe the main differences from this market to anything in France are that you can find a great variety of onsite restaurants, from a busy beer garden to a coffee shop and even the fish monger had an excellent looking restaurant attached. 
As well, you see a strong Turkish influence in Munich and the market is no exception. Makes it even more exciting. 
A mymuesli.com store was also new. A great concept for anything Muesli and breakfast. Maybe my favorite.
Enjoy the pictures, not my best shots, but you get the idea.





ARRIVING AT THE MARKET FROM RATHAUSPLATZ

IT WAS NOT AS COLD AS IT MAY SEEM BY THE CLOTHING

BEER INGREDIENTS ARE LAW IN GERMANY!

THE FISH MONGER

ORIENTAL SPREADS

SEAFOOD

HERBS!

QUINTESSENTIAL MUNICH - RADI - GOES WITH BEER

DRIED ARRANGEMENTS

THIS IS MY FAVORITE VENDOR

SPICE DISPLAY IN VINTAGE GLASS JARS



BEER GARDENS

RESTAURANTS





SINCE 1950

PLENTY OF POTATOES

THE MUESLI STORE



No comments: