Saturday, May 17, 2014

JARNAC ART


UPDATE May 19th:
Of 18 submitted pieces of art, the jury chose Kim's painting. 
Now. Two things. One, I have sent her an email with the images that I took of her and very kindly she replied with below message after her win.

Two, Emmm, you picked the winner!! I am impressed. You have a brilliant eye. 
Every year, the Mairie of Jarnac buys the winning painting and ads it to their ever growing collection. 

Kim's email:

 
Hi,
Yes, I had got it!

I won my first prize for second time.
But this time, my message was listened by professional painters.

I said to you that I took a risk to paint a vision which is very cubic and façonné : cutting by aplat of colors (big or small plat shapes)
I took off most of greens, and bring it to jovial picture than classical style.

It stills there in the exhibition room, hotel Renard,then the mairie of Jarnac will take it for their building.

I am happy because my art message is understood. Even public and jury might agree with it.
 Even other painters who won a lots of times in other places... They are strong and some gain/earn with their live painting. They must be stronger than me a lots. I knew that! However I sent only my different message to this competition.
I accept if you put my link on your blog; I am a wander in this world. or event my blog that you find out on my visite carte
I am not a painter by school, I have been learning to paint since 2009 when I finished my two universities masters here in France.
 



THE WINNING PAINTING

THE WINNER KIM WITH THE JURY

ALL THE ARTISTS







This weekend has a local art competition going on in jarnac. Artists are all over town painting away the motives of their choice in a variety of techniques and styles. It`s all culminating with a concours at the Hotel Reynard tomorrow. 
While I do like art, my knowledge is superficial at best and my taste is as subjective as yours. Jarnac along the river has some great motives, maybe I go back tomorrow to see who won. Here are some images I took today.



 A NICE DAY TO PAINT

LOOKING  FROM COURVOISIER TOWARDS THE PARK

NORWEGIAN ROOTS

A GREAT LOCATION ALONG THE RIVER


THE VIEW FROM THE BRAASTAD BUILDING TOWARDS COURVOISIER

NICE PASTEL

LOOK AT ALL THOSE COLORS



THESE TWO PICKED THE SAME SPOT

TO PRODUCE TWO DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES

PASTEL

AND AQUARELL

WHAT THE ARTIST LOOKS AT


HIS WORK





SHE WAS DONE ALREADY

HE JUST STARTED

KIM LIKES TO OMMIT THE GREEN SHE EXPLAINED TO ME

SHE SUCCEEDED

HOTEL REYNARD

THIS GENTLEMAN STARTED PAINTING AFTER RETIREMENT

KIDS ART

`HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

9 comments:

Nadege said...

You got some talented people in your area! I wish I could be as good as them. Please, do let us know who won!

Sheila said...

In the Kid's Art show, I think
there's a future VanGogh in the
youngster who painted the iris.

Emm said...

Very charming landscapes. Nice that local artists are encouraged.

H.Peter said...


I'll try to make it to the final Councours on Sunday, Nadege.

H.Peter said...


Hi Sheila, I thought something similar, that this was the one with the iris did stand out on that rack of display.

H.Peter said...



Artists, Emmmm. In Europe? Always supported.

Emm said...

I know. I keep forgetting that you live in a civilized country.

I like the strong pastel in the sixth or seventh picture from the top, and also the stylized no-green pictures, very interesting.

H.Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadege said...

I am glad Kim won. She was my favorite but all the others were good contenders too.