Friday, May 09, 2014

ICE CREAM



Since moving to France, we do not have a Microwave. While at first it was a matter of   "We'll get one soon", we quickly realized that we can do without. To this day. Strange, but good. Leftovers can be warmed up in the oven and what else did we actually use the machine for? Melt things maybe.

Warming up chocolate sauce is a task that was always done in a Microwave. Now I just put the pot in a hot water bath, or as I did today, let the chocolate melt in the sun. 15 minutes tops. Not hot, but runny. Perfect for an ice cream treat. I found some Hazelnut Gelato from Sicily (at a discounter no less), there were still Raspberries in the freezer and to top it all off, some whipping cream with icing sugar.  Doesn't get any better than that. Enjoy your weekend.

SUN MELTED CALLEBAUT CHOCOLATE SAUCE

THE SOUR PART

HAZELNUT FLAVOR

SEEMS TO BE GOOD QUALITY GELATO

DONE!


2 comments:

Nadege said...

Glucose in ice cream or gelato bugs me. I tried the new Hagen Daz gelato and it has glucose. I didn't care for them at all.

H.Peter said...


My only other options were crap or home made. Went for the best available.