Sunday, May 11, 2014

GLUTEN FREE TIRAMISU





It’s a rainy weekend, I am bored and a major craving for a good Tiramisu made me go ahead and bake yesterday. A GLUTEN FREE version of this Italian dessert staple.
Can you believe it? I have no patience, my cooking talent is limited to basic stuff such as Burgers and pasta, add to that that I can eat anything (but we are keeping this kitchen GF), and yet with this GF PATISSERIE flour mix I took a standard recipe for a Jellie roll ( I could never make 200 gluten free lady fingers), turned it all gluten free without the master baker being here and it came out just fantastic.
If a Putz can bake gluten free, so can you.  However, the gluten free flour you use, makes all the difference.
If you want to find out more about the GFP mix, please email Victoria: gfpatisserie@gmail.com


For both the dough and filling I used some random German recipes as I find it easier for me sometimes when I need to focus on more than one thing to do at the same time. The reason for picking Tiramisu for this experiment was basically that I find 9 out of 10 restaurant versions lack in Mascarpone flavor.  In North America it may or may not be a cost factor why so many restaurants replace a majority of cheese with whipping cream. But even here in France, where you can buy a kg of Mascarpone for around 8.00, it’s just never all that outstanding.

The hardest part at making this dessert is the waiting time until you an dig in! (made on Saturday served for Sunday breakfast. 




LOOKING GOOD - TASTING BETTER

  EATING TIRAMISU FOR BREAKFAST,  IT'D BE BETTER TO FREEZE THE REST...

INGREDIENTS

THE KEY INGREDIENT 

HOW DO YOU LIKE MY STAND MIXER

EHM, OK. ONE ACCIDENT - DON'T PULL OUT BEFORE DONE.....

SIFT THE FLOUR FOR BEST RESULTS

LIFT EGG WHITES FOR FLUFFYNESS

READY TO BAKE

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ESPRESSO, USE INSTANT

GOOD SUBSTITUTE 


WOW. 

DON'T BE AFRAID OF RAW EGGS. THEY ARE ALREADY FULL OF ANTIBIOTICS

WHIP A LOT

ADD MASCARPONE AND CREAM

REMOVE THE PAPER

EASY 

 SPRINKLE OR SOAK WITH ESPRESSO

TOP WITH MASCARPONE MIX AND REPEAT SECOND LAYER

THEN SADLY WAIT A DAY UNTIL IT ALL SETTLES

THE LEAST ENJOYABLE PART OF BAKING



4 comments:

Leafy Satori Risk said...

Looks so good! There could be a project waiting for me ;)

H.Peter said...


So einfach wie eine Bisquitroulade beim Zauner.....

Nadege said...

I love tiramisu. Not very healthy but still, delicious! "America's test kitchen" (Cooks illustrated) has a new book out : "The how can it be Gluten free cookbook'. I was reading an article in the LA Times about how long it took them to find the right flour and ingredients to create really good recipes… It was not easy and apparently, their recipes are all delicious. You should ask Victoria to get it while she is in the US.

H.Peter said...



I shall tell her Nadege, thank you