Friday, May 30, 2014

FRESH FISH FRIDAY


A catholic thing from times past. No meat on Friday. Not that I adhere to it all that much....
I am including seafood in the topic since I made scallops and not fish. My experience in cooking fish is pretty limited and it's a new goal to change that. I made fresh Calamari the other day, fresh Solethese Rougies and Mussels  a while ago and now plan to eat more fresh fish this summer.

Today I prepared fresh scallops in a Pineau Lime Sauce and they turned out as good as any I had in restaurants. It's the initial concern of screwing them up that made me not cook them before. Shouldn't have.
You Tube really has a video for everything, including inside tips how not to do anything.

All I used was some butter, Lime, Pineau and Creme Fraiche. Salt yes, but not too much. Literally done in a few minutes. I did not want them to get cold while I took some images for this Blog, so my presentation is lacking here......but you get the idea. Fresh seafood is good. And not difficult to cook.








4 comments:

Nadege said...

They must have been delicious!

melinda said...

they look tasty......the secret is not overcooking them as they get rubbery

H.Peter said...


That's one of the tricks I saw on You Tube, Melinda. High heat, quick fry.

H.Peter said...


They were very tasty Nadege.