Saturday, May 03, 2014

CHICKEN WINGS



What do you cook for one? A whole chicken, no matter how much you enjoy it, is a waste. Preferring dark over white meat, with the perfect crispy skin to meat ratio, I bought some wings the other day. 
Back in Canada, unless Victoria made them, I hardly ate wings. In bars and pubs they usually were served too spicy for what they are. 

The ones I made, come from a market vendor here in town who raises free range Barbezieux chickens. Not inexpensive but a good flavored meat. the wings are hefty and about five of them will fill you up easy. I ate six. 

Instead of some hot sauce, I marinated the wings in a Moroccan spice mix that has all sorts of flavors such as Cinnamon, Cumin, Coriander, Cardamon, Ginger, Cloves (Huh. Strippers get their names from the spice aisle??) Paprika and Tumeric. I added some orange zest and juice to the marinate.  A few hours later you roast them to a crispy skin level and they are perfect.
Added bonus, your house smells like the Marrakech Souk for a day or two.....that spice mix hangs in the kitchen this morning.




BARBEZIEUX BREED

MY GO TO APPETIZER

SIMPLE STUFF AS USUAL 

I LET THEM SIT IN THE FRIDGE FOR A DAY

THE VENDOR GAVE ME ONE EXTRA

ORANGE FOR COLOR

No comments: