Sunday, April 13, 2014

LE iPad



Long before we left Canada to visit France, Victoria bought me an E reader from Chapters. What a great machine. No more logging heavy boxes of books when you move. And you can adjust the font size and keep avoiding the issue of reading glasses......how slick is that?
And then, about three years into the life of that thing, it stopped working. What a disappointment. The E reader came everywhere with me, when I traveled, to the beach, even on shorter road trips.  Back tobooks, back to finding books more like it. Not that many good books in English to be found when you live in rural France.

Victoria to the rescue 2.0. She gave me her iPad before leaving for North America and I have been a happy e-reader ever since. But obviously this machine is much more than an overpriced e-book downloading machine. While I am not a propeller head,nor a first adopter, Apple products to me were always simply brilliantly marketed gadgets for consumers who already have it all. Were I to live in the US, I'd still hack away on my Blackberry. That sort of tells you my aversion to trendy objects.......

But all sniping and snarking I did over the years about iPods, iPhones and iPads aside, this one's starting to convert me. I don't think have fully understood more than the basic operation of this tablet, but just the handiness of taking fairly good images without thinking too much, snapshots really, is fantastic. I still have my Nikon Coolpix handy, but not so coolpix it is anymore. Look at the random shots here. All taken with the iPad. Yes, mostly food. I really enjoy the cropping function after taking a picture. Or the filters and the enhancing. 


THE FAMILY, DRAWN BY ISABELLA

EARLIER VERSION

WHAT'S WITH THE BELLY??

TWO KINDS OF MAYO

CAPRESE

 NEW SHOP IN TOWN

BANANA FOR SCALE (INSIDERS...)

NEW OLIVE OIL

SPICY HARICOT VERTS

A BIG NOISETTE

GOAT CHEESES

SALTY SNACKS

GLUTEN FREE WHITE PIZZA WITH PESTO

FRESH LEMONS IN MARCH. HOW COOL IS THAT

THE VIEW IN THE MORNING

NEAR JARNAC



FIGS WILL BE PLENTY THIS YEAR

DOWNTOWN JARNAC







6 comments:

Nadege said...

Great photos! I resisted Apple for a long time but their products are really brilliant.

melinda said...

i have always had non-apple things but I have just gotten an iphone in the last 2 weeks so I am fast becoming a convert.....the pics it can take r really great...I did have to buy a book to teach me some of the things it can do since nothing comes with an owner's manual any more (i still read on my kindle fire tho)

Emm said...

Friends talked me into a Kindle last winter. Still not sure I like it, as I prefer the feel of "real" books. But I know a number of people who are writing solely for the e-book market.
Lovely food pictures, too, especially les haricots verts.

H.Peter said...


Good morning Emmmm, the beans are almost chinese, Ginger, spicy peppers and soy sauce.

H.Peter said...

I might just have to buy a book Melinda, that machine is really more than a camera and e reader

H.Peter said...


Thank you Nadege.