Sunday, March 09, 2014

ON THE ROOFTOP



After every heating season you are supposed to check the chimney and sweep it or have it swept. 
With weather reaching 19 to 20 Celsius, I wanted to get on the roof and check the chimney and maybe get it cleaned soon.
When we installed a cast iron oven in the dining room, a professional climbed up on the roof and inserted a stainless steel tube all the way two floors down to connect to the stove. 
I have no idea how he did it. The roof pitch is steep and fairly short, but he walked around like I would on the flat ground.
I could not do it. I stuck my head out the skylight window, got all woozy looking down, snapped some pictures and will send an email to the installer. Too high for me. Let the pro do it.

But yes, the views are grand. I could see all the way to Isabella's school and the river. Chateau Courvoisier is visible and so is the Mairie. 



IT'S A TALL HOUSE 

THE VIEW DOWN FROM THE SECOND FLOOR

THE INSTALLED FIREPLACE

RIGHT ABOVE THE OTHER ONE, ALSO WORKING WELL

SPIDERS. AND THEIR WEBS

WHAT A VIEW


CHATEAU COURVOISIER

TOWARDS THE MAIRIE

2 comments:

melinda said...

I'm with you and the height thing....cant do it.....willing to pay people if there is roof work needed....nice views from up there....y'all are having such nice weather!

H.Peter said...


I cannot believe the weather. This morning 9.30am I walked to the square in a T-Shirt and shorts.
Brilliant.