Thursday, February 13, 2014

VALENTINE'S


Contrary to my cynic believe, Valentine's day was not created by Hallmark or a Chocolate company to generate extra business between Christmas and Easter. It's history is much older than those companies. Wikipedia can be very informative at times like that.

As I sent some virtual XO's to my Valentine in North America, I did remember seeing an old scrap book in one of our cabinets, never really thinking how it got there or why we even have one. But when I brought it up in conversation with Victoria (SKYPE is so convenient), she told me that it is her mother's scrap book and back then parents and relatives bought Valentine's cards not only for their loved ones, but also for their kids. 

Enjoy the pictures and happy Valentine.


















2 comments:

Nadege said...

Very sweet cards. Happy Valentine's day to you too!

H.Peter said...

Thank you Nadege