Monday, February 17, 2014

TOP FIVE POSTS OF ALL TIMES



Come April, I have written on this site for 5 years. That's an eternity in my life and for blogging. The average life span of all Blogs combined is somewhere around 26 month.  So I made it to double that. I do run out of things to tell you about, sometimes more so than others. 
I have not joined any of the other communication tools available, as I think after all is said and done, it's really not that newsworthy. Twitter I am not. Instagram and Pinterest cannot do. I am on Facebook though and you are welcome to join me there (Hans Peter Edlinger). I post pictures there frequently since I have an iPad thingy that makes it easier than my camera to upload quick impressions.  Isabella still takes better pictures than me.

This morning I checked Google to see what people came here for and to my surprise gluten free and posts about France are pretty equal in hits. interesting, as I am not sure what to write about in the future.  I cannot believe that gluten free dish with a fairly small regional importance (NOT Pizza) is to this day the most visited post on the Blog.  So check out the top five below:

If you have any thoughts on what you want to read, let me know.


At number 5: A post written by Lauren in 2009, about an order for Gluten Free Star wars themed cupcakes: http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2009/01/gf-special-orders-star-wars-cupcakes.html

STAR WARS CUPCAKES MADE BY GF PATISSERIE'S LAUREN EDLINGER



At number 4: From our 2012 adventures about house hunting in France: http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2012/01/blog-post.html

HOW MUCH FUN WAS IT......OVER 60 HOUSES VISITED



At number 3: Google indexed this post very high for a while back in 2012 and more people have come to my Blog on their search for gluten free food in Barcelona than any other city. Including Vegas........ http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2012/02/gluten-free-barcelona.html

THE BEST GF PASTA IN BARCELONA


At number 2: La Maison, my personal favorite post about renovations of the house in France:http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2012/03/la-maison.html

MY FAVORITE POST OF ALL



At number 1: GLUTEN FREE PEROGIES. To this day I don't get it. By a margin of 2 : 1 the leading post in hits. Yes, it's a helpful post about how to make them for Celiacs, but how many Ukrainians are there? Compared to Pizza, Hamburgers and other gluten free foods I posted about???? http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2009/11/gluten-free-perogies-recipe.html

GLUTEN FREE PEROGIES

8 comments:

Nadege said...

I will befriend you on Facebook. I go under my real name, Nadege, but also my "Starbucks name" as I call it because nobody can write or say my name in the US so I go by Claire Dorsey. I am also very picky now a days about Facebook so Claire Dorsey is my favorite so I can ignore my over 700 friends and just enjoy reading blogs, sites… in peace, without religious or political comments from my "friends".
I think all your posts are interesting even though I don't always comment on all of them and sometimes, I really don't have time to check messages. The internet has done wonders though and we all are addicted to it.

H.Peter said...



I will look out for a connection to Madam Dorsey!
thanks

H.Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H.Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
auntiej said...

Hi!
I always read your blog with great interest, particularly those that are about your life in France, renovations, and travel. I live in Canada 6 months of the year and US for 6 months but long to spend more time in France and Italy. Perhaps the closest I'll ever get to living abroad is thru other people's blogs!

H.Peter said...



Hello Auntiej,

good to hear from you. 6 & 6 with the US is a good way to escape the winters in Canada....

melinda said...

i love to read about life in france, just everyday stuff....about your house, shopping trips, restaurants....anything to do with food...living vicariously! will go the facebook route also, thx

H.Peter said...


Hi Melinda,

yes, there are plenty of food images on FB. Thanks for stopping by