Monday, February 10, 2014

THE BEST GLUTEN FREE PIZZA



Well, it's been a week that Victoria has gone back to North America and the gluten free supplies in the freezer are dwindeling. Though I am not a Celiac at all (and enjoy my wheat based products very much), in the kitchen here is no wheat. I knew there was one GF Crust for sure, but I found two extra today when I rummaged through the freezer, so of course I am having Pizza. 

Now. Jarnac with a population of barely 5000, has a total of four places where I could get Pizza from. Sit down and take outs combined there are actually five, with a truck that parks at night by Intermarche. All in walking distance from the house.
 I tried them all and to my dismay, believe it or not, they all get their crusts from a Sysco kind of supplier. That crispy wafer type of a crust that may do the trick in a pinch after a night of heavy drinking, but not really. It's sad actually. There is a Pizza take out at Place de Chateau with a wood fired oven who does not make his own dough..... that's a waste of wood in my eyes.

Not that Victoria's crust needs any more pumping and bragging, but even as a biased husband, let me tell you her crusts are exceptional. If you only know a little bit of Pizza basics but can't eat wheat, these are the ones to get. (At her licensees that you can find on GFP's website). Some key instructions (aside of finally getting over yourselves and start eating Anchovies) are: highest possible heat and some sort of pizza pan or pizza stone (much better) to make the bottom as crispy as a pie from Famoso.  Or CPK. Or any of your old haunts before you oh so sadly had to give up America's favorite food group because you are gluten intolerant. 
I am not and am still eating Victoria's crust. So take it from me, a regular Pizza eater, they are the best gluten free ones out there. Nomatter what your favorite toppings are, these crusts are going to deliver them in a grand fashion.
It'd be a different story if I decide to open a Famoso's downstairs in the retail space, but unless Bruno moves to Europe, that won't happen. 




LEARN TO LOVE ANCHOVIES

GF PATISSERIE CRUST

MAKE YOUR OWN PIZZA SAUCE

WHO NEEDS TAKE OUT? SO EASY AT HOME

BRUSH SOME EVOO ON THE CRUST

ADD THE SAUCE AND CHEESE

I TELL YOU. THE MOST UNDER RATED TOPPING

READY TO BAKE

PRE HEAT FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES TO THE MAX (500F)

A PIZZA STONE WOULD BE BETTER, NOT AVAILABLE IN RURAL FRANCE....

A WHITE PIZZA I MADE A FEW DAYS AGO.


 GLUTEN FREE

MADE IN A WOOD FIRED OVEN.

SEAFOOD PIZZA GLUTEN FREE

IMAGINE THIS

 LOOK AT THE COLOR

No comments: