Sunday, February 16, 2014

SPRING IS HERE


It's been a mild but rainy winter this year. Not nearly as cold as last January, but they say that we had 175% more rain than last year. And I tell you, it shows. I took some pictures and if you go back the summer on my Blog, you can see the difference in water levels.


With the sun out all day today, we hit 14C, which in my books beats anything white on the ground anywhere. I have seen people in their yards already, distressed ducks, as they have no place to rest and crowds like during the summer holidays. Of course all Cafes and restaurants are shut tight. It's the french country side life......I even went to Cognac to see if any of the cafes there were open on the square. Guess which place was really hopping today. McDonald's! Because they are open. The drive through was backed up all the way to Route Angouleme. I just don't get it.

Enjoy the pictures.
















No comments: