Saturday, December 21, 2013

AT THE MARKET IN ANGOULEME



On this last weekend before Christmas Isabella and myself took a quick road trip to Angouleme for no apparent reason. We did end up at a mall eventually, but not before visiting the market in the city.
I mentioned the place before, but today I took advantage of Isabella's new camera for better images.....all taken by her again.
The Jarnac market is undergoing a new build and will not re open until May. Cognac is not much larger than ours, so I always enjoy a visit to Angouleme. My favorite at this location is that there are two eateries which serve market fresh food for lunch. Sadly, Jarnac will not offer such service, very much a miss in my books. They are enlarging the floor space, but apparently did not have enough interest for at market dining. 

Anyway. There was a small petting zoo at the entrance today and Isabella enjoyed that as much as I did visiting the stalls inside. The halls were all decorated and people seemed to be int he Christmas mood, some vendors showing their season's best.  Markets can get repetitive, but Angouleme seems to change around quite a bit, or maybe it's that we don't visit that often.

Enjoy the pictures.



LES HALLES DU ANGOULEME

A GREAT VIEW OVER THE COUNTRY SIDE AND THE TRAIN STATION


CHRISTMAS ZOO

CUTE SHEEP

TAKE ME HOME....



MAKE YOUR OWN FOIE GRAS.....

ALL FESTIVE



ONE OF TWO EATERIES INSIDE THE MARKET

OPEN KITCHEN







LOOKS GOOD

SOME FUNKY HATS

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Enjoyed every one...and the
previous post too. You have a
good eye, Isabella. May I ask
which Canon you were so lucky
to receive? Think we're in the
market for one.

isabella said...

Hi Sheila!

I got a Canon 1100D or a Rebel T3.
There's a lot of buzz about the Rebel t3i though.

http://whichcamerashouldibuy.org/canon-rebel-t3-vs-t3i/

There are technical differences and then there are physical differences between the two.
I am not worried too much about the physical differences because you can make do without (in my opinion).
As for the technical stuff, I know that it matters but I couldn't exactly tell you the difference unless I looked really hard...

Depending on whether or not the technical stuff is a big deal for you, there are bigger and better cameras to opt for (always) but there are also cameras that you can make do with just fine. :)

Isabella