Sunday, November 17, 2013

100 COUNTRIES




If you scroll to the very bottom of this page, you will find my Blog counter. It shows the flags of countries from where people have visited this almost five year old place of dribbles.
Fiji, an island nation in the pacific, made it to be the 100th country to come here for one reason or the other. 
Geography was my favorite subject in school, so it's a perfect fit to have a flag collecting stats counter. The US, Canada and UK are the top three countries to bring visitors here, while alphabetically I had visitors from Albania to Zambia. 

The counter itself is not as detailed as it could be, such as what people look for when they come here, or how many pages they read. But that's OK. I am much more intrigued by how the Web has shrunk the world. If you wanted to find out anything that's trivial, yet important to research a very short 20 years ago, you had the choice of your own 400 pounds of books (encyclopedia), or you went to the library to find out.
Today? You are able to get any info anywhere on your 5oz smartphone.  That's shrinkage!






FIJI. COUNTRY 100 TO VISIT

3 comments:

Nadege said...

Geography was my favorite subject too and still is. I love to travel and meet people from different walks of life.
(To go back to the post of few days ago, I was in San Diego last week shooting on the naval base. The crew was staying at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. My car was stolen. I thought it was so ironic to have lived in Los Angeles for so long and nothing like this ever happened, but I go down to a nice city and it is gone, probably down in Mexico. I spent saturday looking at new cars and buying one. It is all Obama's fault I am sure [lol]).

H.Peter said...

That sucks Nadege. Stolen car is never fun.
What was the shoot? TV?

Nadege said...

TV show that is not out yet "The last ship". The same producers who did "Lost".