Wednesday, July 03, 2013

GLUTEN FREE SANDWICH



I eat a lot of sandwiches. More than salads or soups for sure.  No matter where I lived or live, I always search for a good place that can make a good sandwich.  
Even at home, before Victoria started GF PATISSERIE, I would eat a lot of them. There is just something about good bread that's used as the  delivery vehicle for great meats and condiments.

I just went back through my blog and found a lot of  posts about gluten free sandwiches. So here are some, but for sure not all, of my favorite eats. All made with gluten free breads, which means, that if GF bread is good, you can serve it to non Celiacs as well. Me for example. 



GREAT GF BREADS  ARE THE FOUNDATION FOR GREAT SANDWICHES

THIS ONE FROM BEAU MONDE IS EXCELLENT FOR PANINIS

 GF BRIOCHE FOR A MONTE CHRISTO!

GF ITALIAN FLATBREAD, MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THESE FROM GF PATISSERIE?

OPEN FACE EGG SALAD, VICTORIA'S FAVORITE

MORTADELLA, BRIE, FIG JAM.......

SPICY MERGUEZ IN A GF HAMBURGER BUN

PLAIN TASTY TOMATO, VICTORIA MADE THESE IN AUSTRIA

AVOCADO, TOMATO AND BACON!

MORTADELLA SEEMS TO BE MY FAVORITE


 SALAMI & CHEESE ON ITALIAN FLAT BREAD

MONTREAL SMOKED MEAT AND DIJON MUSTARD WITH A GIANT PICKLE

LOOK AT IT

A DUCK CONFIT ON GF FLAT BREAD IN INGLEWOOD

ANOTHER FAMILY FAVORITE. PULLED PORK SANDWICH

SHE IS RAISED ON SANDWICHES

ROAST BEEF & PROVOLONE


THE BEST GLUTEN FREE MONTE CHRISTO SANDWICH 


THE VEGETARIAN. GRILLED EGGPLANT, MOZZARELLA, TOMATO AND LETTUCE

6 comments:

Nadege said...

Yes, it is so true there is nothing like a good sandwich. You can even make a good croque-monsieur with gluten free bread. But why is it that a sandwich is always better when someone else makes it? That is what I think anyway.

H.Peter said...

Very true Nadege, my kids always said that when they wanted a sandwich and I told them to make it themselves...."But it's better when you make it, Papa"

Sheila said...

You certainly don't skimp on the
fillings. Had to chuckle at the
sausage creation. They all look
mouth-watering good.

H.Peter said...

Not all are pretty to look at Sheila, but they are tasty! All of them.

Francesca said...

I love that mache salad. I just discovered it the last time I was in France. Now I occasionally see it in the grocery store in the U.S.

The sandwiches look delicious.

H.Peter said...

Thank you Francesca.
A good sandwich is always worth it.