Tuesday, June 11, 2013

WHAT I BOUGHT AT THE BUTCHER'S TODAY



I think they know me at the Butcher's. And all the food issues I am trying to explain. A great thing about small town France living is that you get to connect with the shopkeepers if that is what you want. 
Which is great when you cannot eat things with gluten or other ingredients you can't stomach. Like onions.  I don't want to over romanticize life in France There's much I could nag about), but small shops and their artisan keepers in this country are something to write home about.  
Already most things I buy from this butcher are made in house and if they are not, they will go to source (many times another small business) to find out what is in that saucisson sec. What's the label say for the spices on the paprika flavored spice mix he uses.

But mostly I buy stuff they prepare sur place. One of my future posts will be about the shop itself and all the great things they offer. 
Today's standout is the Pork tongue terrine. Thinly sliced, with some of Victoria's bread, very very good. Did you ever have it? I added a bit of horse radish to spice it up a bit. 
How about freshly made Roast beef? Not the product with the same name at Sobey's. Real beef, really roasted at the shop and sliced that day. 



THE HAUL

SAUCISSON SEC ESPELETTE (PAPRIKA)

SAUCISSON SEC

PÂTÉ DU CHEF

ROAST BEEF

TERRINE DE LANGUE DE PORC

JAMBON BAYONNE

AND THAT'S LUNCH

No comments: