Friday, June 07, 2013

STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES



Ever since Kindergarten in Las Vegas 10 years ago, it is my job to take Isabella to school. Here in France is the first place where we walk to school instead of driving. Through town and along the river for about 1,3 km, almost a mile. So with my walk back to the house being a detour to get to my favorite Croissant maker, I walk 2 miles every morning. Much needed,  Croissants have a lot of butter in them.

Impossible to convey scents through pictures, but let me tell you, there are roses everywhere here in Jarnac. If I were to stop at each garden and smell them, it would be lunch time. The concept of growing colorful and sweet smelling Roses may have old origins since vintners use them to attract bees to their vineyards. Maybe they brought some home and started planting roses   in their yards as well.
I have no idea how long it takes a rose bush to reach 2 meters in height, but I doubt it happens fast. 

Enjoy the images.















FITTING, THAT WE HAVE A PAINTING WITH ROSES

No comments: