Sunday, June 23, 2013

GLUTEN FREE SANDWICH OF THE YEAR




So. 
This Blog you are reading never won an award in 5 years. By now there are as many online awards as there are Blogs out there and every one wins sooner or later. Best Family blog, best food blog,  best travel blog, best whiny piss ant blog, best soap box artist blog, there is an award for everything. 
Well, if I think about it, this Blog really doesn't have anything worth awarding. No theme,  no great images, no recipes, sporadic postings and lousy english writing. Understandably it does not deserve one of those stickers that I could attach to the blog. Unless there is a "Blog of nothing that's important" award. I might have a chance then. 
But I eat well, Gluten free by choice.  See? I am not even a Celiac, so there goes the gluten free blog award. 

And today I made a sandwich that deserves recognition, even if only I myself think so. I started with gluten free Italian flatbread (Victoria baked some fresh loaves for visitors), added plenty of mayo, Dijon mustard and some greens (to show my healthy habits to Victoria). 
I bought some fresh persillade sausages from the butcher, roasted them along with a mountain of red peppers (more food for the visitors) piled that mix onto the bread, cut it all in half, poured a nice glass of red wine and ate the best gluten free sandwich of the year. 





START WITH THE BEST GLUTEN FREE BREAD

ADD SOME HOME MADE MAYO

AND GOOD DIJON MUSTARD

PRO FORMA GREENS TO APPEASE YOUR SPOUSE......

ORIGINALLY THERE WERE THREE, BUT I ATE ONE STRAIGHT FROM THE OVEN


PILE IT ALL ON

FRESH ROASTED RED PEPPERS? YES!

MESSY, BUT TASTY AND GLUTEN FREE

8 comments:

melinda said...

are those sausages spicy?

H.Peter said...

Bon Jour Melinda,

these ones are skinny Brats with extra parsley and garlic. Not spicy.
But I did have some Merguez as well, which can be very spicy, North African flavored.

http://theceliachusband.blogspot.fr/2012/01/fire-roasted-sausages.html

Nadege said...

That sandwich looks really good!
("The transformation" of the studio is amazing, worthy of before and after on HGTV).

gfe--gluten free easily said...

You've convinced me! This sandwich clearly deserves the award. Roasted red peppers was a great addition. ;-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...


Good morning Nadege,

we are really happy about the studio. Loads of work. When are you visiting?

H.Peter said...


Hello Shirley,

wait until you taste it.......

Sheila said...

Wish you'd included a photo of you
managing to delicately devour that.

H.Peter said...

Messy food is the best, Sheila.