Monday, April 15, 2013

@ 49




I turned 49 today. 365 days  prior to the half century mark. Not a really important birthday, just one of forty nine. 
No complaints. Happy & healthy. No regrets either, short of not having learnt an instrument when I could have.  Yes I know, it is never too late to learn, I am just not a late learner.
Having chosen a Nomadic type of life early on, gave me the opportunity to see the world at an age when most others start families or an all important career path. It was a choice, not more. Not  better or worse. Just what I felt was right for me. I always wanted to get out into the world and that's what I did. It may be a medical condition, a rare one, called "Nomad virus". 

Since we are on the road right now (See? It must be a virus....), there is no birthday cake, just lots of kisses from my family. Yesterday though, I did have a bit of an excess with chocolate (we are in Austria after all) and I am a bit queasy today, which believe me, feels much better than a hangover from too much booze. 

So. Onwards and upwards I go, now with family in tow. (Hey, that rhymes...) I doubt we will stop exploring, so there will be plenty to tell about for the future.


49

6 comments:

Nadege said...

Happy birthday young man! I did a lot of traveling in my 20's, 30's and 40's. Not as much now but I am so glad I traveled the world when flying was a bit more civilized. Have a wonderful time!

H.Peter said...

Young man mon derriere...

Thank you very much Nadege

wcs said...

Happy birthday! Forty-nine rhymes with wine.

H.Peter said...

Thank you very much Walt.
And a great rhyme!

Jennifer F said...

Happy Birthday - Looks like it was a nice day! Nice to see you back blogging. It's been a long winter! We are enjoying better weather back here in Southwestern France - finally!! Loving your Austrian posts - I very much enjoyed my trip to Vienna (still need to post those pics) and the country seems very beautiful.

H.Peter said...


Thank you Jennifer. I am rebooting, let's hope it works