Monday, January 28, 2013

VICTORIA'S GLUTEN FREE KITCHEN



In April 2012, a month after we purchased our current home, I received below message from Wendy G. Kaho, a fellow gluten free Blogger:  
Hi. I've been enjoying your FB photos and Blog posts since I found your Blog. Would you be interested in joining me with a guest post for my "In my Gluten Free kitchen" series? here is a link......
My reply was that we would love to send some images, but later in the year, as we are undergoing the renovations first.
To which Wendy replies:
That will work for me, I have plenty of kitchen posts scheduled through the year, but would like yours to be a surprise, drop in post, when you are ready to go.

So when the time finally came to send the images and post, Wendy G. Kaho has disappeared. And with her the Blog, email account, Twitter feed and all other forms of communication. No trace of Wendy, a curious thing.  We are talking six month from starting to communicate, not six years. What could have happened?
Though I blog(ged) mostly about gluten free cooking, I am not really plugged in with other GF Bloggers, so I had no idea or feedback what happened. 
I finally contacted a few other people who's kitchens were featured on Wendy's blog already, but no one knew anything about her mysterious Houdini act either.  

Almost a year later I finally am putting the pictures on my Blog, since I am about to start the promotion for the rental here in France.  It's a fantastic holiday pad for two, with the option to enjoy 100%gluten free meals with us. More on that later.

 Enjoy the pictures.

And before I forget, some recent online searching indicates that Wendy is safe and sound in the Federal Witness protection program and living with a new identity in the Dakotas. Nobody I asked would confirm or deny this story.
 I am not sure what the exact story is, but it sure sounds exciting. So Wendy (or whatever your new name is), if you read this post, enjoy it.

The renovations of our kitchen was the highlight of our french adventure so far. Victoria had a clear picture of what the kitchen should become and I'd say she achieved it. 
First off, unlike back in Canada or in Vegas, this is the first time since living together (15 years), that I committed to keeping the kitchen gluten free.  Prior to this house, I always had the liberty to bring home my favorite cakes and breads for myself. 
To keep a promise for future Celiac guests, I have refrained from bringing home any of the great french breakfast pastries or Baguettes. This will ensure that if guests decide to eat with us, they can do so without fear of being glutened. There is not a single chance of cross contamination at all. 
Even more important, Victoria is using the kitchen for testing new recipes and developments for GF PATISSERIE as well. Not a week goes by without the smells of something delicious, a new cake or improved version of something. 

Since completion of the kitchen, it has become the favorite room of the house for us to hang out in and meet with friends and visitors.  So if you want to enjoy a visit here in the south west of France with the best gluten free baking and cooking, please bookmark this website for future updates:

http://www.citygites.com/






THERE WAS A TOILET IN THE KITCHEN......

THE OLD SINK

TAKING DOWN THE HEATER

HUGE HOLE IN THE WALL

TOILET GONE

FRAMING IN THE NON FUNCTIONING FIREPLACE

THE FRIDGE

WITH ICEMAKER


VICTORIA STENCILING THE FLOOR

DOESN'T THAT LOOK GREAT?

WE NEEDED HELP WITH THIS PANTRY!

THE VINTAGE BAR STOOLS

ISLAND INSTALLED!

THE ISLAND IS NOW OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO SIT & TALK

INSTALLING THE HOOD FAN


THE STOVE

ESPRESSO CORNER

THE CHANDELIERS

NO GLUTEN ANYWHERE

TOOLS, PLENTY OF KNIVES

WHERE THE DISHES GO

VICTORIA COULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THIS ONE

OUR VINTAGE WASTE BINS

MY FAVORITE COOK BOOK

IF IT'S NOT AVAILABLE IN FRANCE, VICTORIA WILL ORDER IT

THE BEST GLUTEN FREE FLOUR MIX

VICTORIA EVEN MAKES HER OWN VANILLA


THE BEST GLUTEN FREE BREAD

GLUTEN FREE FRENCH TOAST

 THE BEST GLUTEN FREE PIZZA

ALWAYS FRESH HERBS AND FRUITS IN THE KITCHEN

GLUTEN FREE BAKING!

HOME MADE MANGO CHUTNEY

A GLUTEN FREE SANDWICH

GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE GUGELHUPF

GLUTEN FREE SWEETBREAD ON RISOTTO

GLUTEN FREE SOUP WITH POTATOES AND BACON

THEY ARE FANTASTIC

GLUTEN FREE WIENER SCHNITZEL


GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE

GLUTEN FREE UPSIDE DOWN APPLE CAKE

VEAL KIDNEYS FOR THE ADVENTUROUS EATERS

SMOOTHIES TOO

2 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Everything looks fabulous! I'm not sure which photos/features I like best, but the stenciled floor and that beautiful bread is at the top for sure! :-) Thanks for giving us this great peek into the new kitchen.

Wendy is greatly missed from the gluten-free community ... that I konw for sure.

Have a good week!
Shirley

Nadege said...

Lovely home, great food! I am also very impressed with the bread. It looks good and must be delicious too!