Sunday, January 06, 2013

GREY SKIES


You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When the skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
So please don't take
My sunshine
Away


Above Ricky Nelson's words were one of Isabella's favorite good night songs when we lived in Las Vegas. The irony being that there hardly ever were grey skies in the dessert...
The Poitou Charente is known to be a sunny region of France, but there is still plenty of grey days, as it has been the last few weeks.  So it is more fitting to sing that verse here in Jarnac when we walk the dog, as we did today. Below images (with exception of the first one) were taken by Isabella. 

We made our move to France in the late fall of 2011 on purpose, to see if we would like it, if we could cope with the monochromatic look of things. But the grass is green, you see some splashes of color in windows and around town. Even Graffiti cheers you up around here...So really, it is OK. I just wanted to show you our shades of grey (not 50).




COURTESY OF LAUREN

















3 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Oh, I love this post! Don't laugh, but I sing that song to our dog because his name is Sonny and sometimes we call him Sunshine. It's just wonderful to see these photos from your area in Jarnac. Thanks to you, Lauren, and Isabel (she has a great eye!) for sharing with us.

Happy 2013 in France!
Shirley

H.Peter said...

How fitting, Shirley.
A friend from Sweden sent me an image of a sign with exactly those words on it. She saw it in a shop over here.

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Serendipity. :-)