Wednesday, December 26, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS

 
 
Merry Christmas to all of you. The four or five of you who read my Blog. Did you have a good fest? Did your family enjoy the times of family, food and gifts?
Our own was the first in the new house, the three of us, Lauren and Samantha joined us for a Skype chat in the morning. In spirit they were with us.
 
I have to say that Jarnac did make the season very festive. Besides some great Christmas lights, the pedestrian road was busy all weekend long, Christmas music was played over the town's PA system and people seemed unhurried, happy and relaxed.  They all bought baskets full of oysters. And that Yule log cake. Shops seemed busy and I truly wish all of them had good sales.
 
Victoria made Duck a l'orange with roasted vegetables and potatoes. We drank some Pineau and red wine and for dessert there were plenty of cakes and cookies.
For Isabella we made it a mixed Christmas, she was able to open a gift on the 24th along with the European tradition and then on the 25th (too) early morning, she got her stocking and more gifts from Santa.
No gifts for us adults, having moved here is a gift worth of many Christmas holidays.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
COUP DE JARNAC

SOUTH OR NORTH POLE....

ALL LIT UP

VICTORIA AND HER TREE

WOKE ME UP AT 6AM.....

PLENTY OF GOOD WINE

DINNER FOR THREE

TASTY DUCK

WHEN IN FRANCE......

MY BREAKFAST. DOUBLE SHORT MOCHA & GF SHORTBREAD COOKIES

5 comments:

Nadege said...

I am sure more than 4 people read your blog. I read a lot of them and don't comment at all on some, or will do once in a great while. Some, I stopped reading because they were not interesting at all.
Christmas is wonderful if you are or have kids (the smaller the better). But I dig the decorations on dark, cold winter days. It is a distraction. I also dig the dietary excesses during the 2 weeks of the end of the year celebrations. I love duck and roasted vegetables. The only time to fire the oven in cool California is now. But at least it is sunny.
One question. Are you going to paint the outside of your place when your renovations are done, or are you connected to someone else?
Your place looks really good. I am glad you are enjoying yourself in France. How wonderful to be so close to Austria too. It really is a nice gift you gave yourselves. and what a great experience for Isabella.

Nadege said...

I forgot to write that I love Isabella "Mona Lisa" smile.

H.Peter said...

Bon Soir Nadege,

thanks for the pep talk regarding readership....
and yes, Christmas is for kids and us adults should focus on that some more. I do enjoy the food and this Christmas, very much in a french tradition, we did not over eat.

No plans to paint the facade, or did you mean the inside? No plans there either.

Isabella says thank you.

Enjoy Califonia in the sun!

l'actrice said...

I'm reading it now too:-)
My husband introduced me to your blog. I guess we feel close to you since we had a similar adventure almost 20 years ago when we moved to L'Armor Pleubian en bretagne, renovating a huge hotel/house close to the beach, which we left after 2 years for the US. We also have a connection to Linz. We are both born in Linz.

H.Peter said...

It's a small world L'actrice.
In Linz beginnts......

Thanks for reading the Blog. Just about to rev it up again.