Sunday, September 02, 2012

SPICY OLIVES


Olives are a great snack before dinner. Perfect to go along with your favorite glass of wine, beer or whatever Apero you choose.
You can buy Olives pretty much anywhere, at any price. Supermarkets offer plain ones for less, deli stores have usually a large variety of flavors on offer. At a price. 

I usually buy the less expensive ones, such as this jar that I found here in France. 
All I do to kick them into gear, is add some spicy peppers to the brine for a few days, this way the olives get a nice hot flavor to them.
Then I take a few at a time, dry them off somewhat and add spice mixes to get an even more intense flavor out of my olives.
Currently I am on a Curry and Turmeric trip for flavoring and it goes well with Olives. Roll the Olives in the spice mixture,put them back in the fridge for a day for all spices to soak in and they are ready to eat.








STANDARD SUPERMARKET OLIVES

VERY SPICY PEPPERS


MIX UP SOME CURRY AND TURMERIC

SEMI DRY THE OLIVES

MIX IT ALL UP AND PUT IN FRIDGE FOR A FEW DAYS

SPICY OLIVES TASTE BETTER

2 comments:

My Journey With Candida said...

I grew some ghost peppers this year. They are suppose to be the hottest pepper in the world.... I bet that would spice up a jar of olives.

H.Peter said...

Yes, those Ghost peppers are hot!