Sunday, August 19, 2012

SUNDAY MORNING WALK


Having a dog is very much alike to having an extra kid. Minus the tantrums. Eat, sleep, play. Our dog knows exactly when I wake up, as she is all ready for her morning business.  The moment I make a move from 5am onwards, she bounces on me panting,  let's go, let's go,  tail swooshing like a windshield wiper. 

Sunday morning walks in Jarnac are the quietest. Though most shops are closed on Monday's as well, there is always activity in the streets. Cleaners, delivery vans, restaurants setting up, shops opening, the market vendors getting ready.
Sundays? Not so. Very quiet, very silent. We usually leave the house around 7.30 or a bit later and all the shutters are closed tight, people everywhere like to sleep in once in a while.
No need for a leash, the dog can walk in the middle of the road, no traffic to speak of. Not even that many pedestrians around at that time of day. Even the church doors are still shut tight, though the bells start their racket at 7am. 

The only places that are open Sunday mornings are the bakeries. Which for Celiacs is not exciting, but I do love my Croissants. Can you imagine, Jarnac has barely 5000 citizens and we have five bakeries to choose from. Plus two supermarkets who offer fresh baked goods as well. In
August some of them were closed for annual holidays, but normally all of them are open on Sunday
And no matter which direction we walk,  there is a bakery within 5 minutes. A small town.
Whatever I do buy, Pain au Chocolat, Croissant, or other pastries, I eat on our way home. 
It's my commitment to keep the house 100% gluten free. So when you come and stay with us, no fear of cross contamination at all.





READY!

OLD MARKET SQUARE

QUIET ALLEYS

ALL CLOSED


EVEN THE CHURCH ISN'T OPEN YET

MAIS LA BOULANGERIE EST OUVERTE

A HOTEL OPENING SOON

FOR SALE. IF YOU ARE UP FOR AN ADVENTURE

2 comments:

ellorneo said...

Hmmm, I should take my dogs for a walk now...

Unknown said...

Different scenery in Cochrane, I do remember