Monday, July 16, 2012

LE BON COIN



Maybe my favorite website at the moment. Very similar in concept to KIJIJI in the US and Canada, sans the corporate overlord.
I discovered the site when we first came here and spent quite some time on it looking around what french people sell. 
Antiques! Vintage! Old fabric. At incredible prices. I keep thinking about where to send a truck load full of it. I am sure there is a business here somewhere.

We are also looking for items that will turn the house into a home. Victoria saw these vintage, mid 60's industrial looking stool and thought they may be a fit for the kitchen.
What's 45km for a Canadian....they go further to get to a Vente yLatte at Starbucks.  Here in France that's a trek. The seller was surprised that anyone would want them, never mind foreigners who came all the way from Jarnac.

They come apart, which saved us trucking and now they are waiting to be sandblasted to look even more industrial. But even as they are, scuffed up and all, I can see them around the kitchen. Against my initial instincts.......Victoria is always right. 




WWW.LEBONCOIN.FR




FOUND NEAR JARNAC

WILL LOOK GOOD WHEN DONE.

No comments: