Friday, July 27, 2012

AMATEUR ICED TEA



I never made iced tea before. I am also not a big tea drinker (yet), Victoria on the other hand drinks liters of it. On my last trip to China I brought  back a large bag of Jasmine tea for her and the vendor gave me a dozen green tea samples to try and hopefully I buy some from him on my next trip he said. We'll see.

With the fantastic heat this week, we bought a few cans of Lipton's Iced Tea, which disappeared a bit too fast. So instead of buying more, I decided to make some. 
Tea takes time. Relax and enjoy....ah, but I like instant gratification and the only fruits we had were Plums. Usually we drink Peach or Mango flavored tea. Could have gone to the market and got some Peaches, considering it's only 200 meters from the house. 
But when I have an idea, it has to happen that second.

For a first try, with a secondary choice of fruit for flavoring, not bad at all. I used some cane sugar for sweetening, a couple of tea spoons of the green tea and three plums with a couple slices of lemon.

Not that my new home made creations will make a big dent into Lipton's billion dollar sales of iced tea, but I think I am on to something. Know your ingredients is Victoria's daily mantra for me. 



PLUM FLAVORED ICED TEA

ONE OF MANY GREEN TEA SAMPLES

PLUMS LEMON & HONEY

CHANGED MY MIND TO CANE SUGAR

FILL UP WITH HOT WATER

LOADS OF ICE

No comments: