Thursday, June 14, 2012

HOSPITALITY GEMS



One of the great things having gone to Austria for an extended period, is having time to catch up with friends who we have not seen for years. One of my friends who went to Hotel management school with me, stayed true to his roots and is to this day involved in the hospitality game.



One of a few castle hotels throughout Austria, their hotel is a display of passion in design and making a hotel a home away from home. Amazing antiques are displayed throughout the common areas, while the rooms have been modernized without loosing their quirky charm. No suite is alike in size or style, a great way to bring you back many times to rest your head in each room.

I arrived too late for breakfast and the buffet was cleared away already, but let me tell you this, it's a spread! If my friend actually sends me the promised images, I will add them to this post. 




AN OLD COUNTRY ESTATE TURNED HOTEL

COURTYARD ON TWO LEVELS

ENTRANCE WITH ORIGINAL FRESCO

WALL FOUNTAIN IN THE COMMON AREA

INVITING PLACES TO RELAX EVERYWHERE

AUTHENTICITY THROUGHOUT

LOUNGE OFFERING SOME OF THE BEST WINES FROM THE REGION

FRONT DESK

CAN YOU IMAGINE EATING BREAKFAST HERE?

UP TO THE ROOMS

GOTTA LOVE THE ANTIQUES

ORIGINAL TILE OVEN. RADIATES HEAT ALL DAY

VIEWS OF VINEYARDS AND THE DANUBE


AUTHENTIC DETAILS EVERYWHERE

COMFORTABLE SUITES

BRIGHT ROOMS



2 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Oooh, I like! Very reasonable rates, too. Thanks for sharing. I like traveling vicariously through you. ;-)

Shirley

H.Peter said...

I make it as tempting as possible for you....then eventually you will hop over soon for a trip you deserve.