Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HOME MADE SAUCE TARTARE


Home made Mayonnaise, which is the base for Tartare Sauce, is an easy thing to make.  I blogged about it here:


With a fresh vegetable and herb garden right behind the house, I felt the urge to make something with the Mayo I made with fresh farm eggs. Tartare Sauce is an obvious, as it is versatile for many dishes, not just Fish & Chips.

As with many other kitchen main stays with a variety of ingredients, it is up to you what you put into your own creation.
Not everybody likes Capers, so just leave them out. I have yet to find water cress in any recipe, but I found some nice one in the garden, so I put it in the sauce. We had no pickles around, but they do belong into a good version for sure. It adds some needed crunch to the sauce.









ALL THE HERBS YOU WANT


WATER CRESS & PARSLEY   

LEMON THYME

CHIVES

CAPERS TOO

TASTES INFINITELY BETTER THAN STORE BOUGHT

No comments: