Saturday, May 05, 2012

HINTERSTODER


Since I am going to be here for a few weeks, I might as well show you what my village looks like. Which will take more than one post.
My parents' home, where I grew up, is about half a mile from the village proper, towards the end of the valley. The house is in a small, ever growing hamlet, though most houses being built are weekend retreats for people from Vienna, Linz or other cities around the area.  I think there are only two homes permanently occupied, the B&B next door and my parents.

Right out the front door is the main hiking path through the valley. Yesterday we walked part of it, to a small pond and back. It does not take more than 45 minutes for that stretch, but it is a very nice, scenic hike through the forest and along the river. 

Here are some images:


STEYR RIVER. DRINKING WATER QUALITY

WEEKEND CHALET 

A NEW SOCCER PITCH

HIKING PATH ALONG THE RIVER

INFORMATION ABOUT WILDLIFE

DOGS ON LEASH PLEASE

THROUGH THE WOODS

GIANT ANT HILL

VIEW OF THE HAMLET 

SO MUCH SPACE

A HUNTER'S HIDEOUT

A SMALL RESTAURANT AT THE END OF THE VALLEY

A NICE VIEW AT THE END OF THE WALK



AN OLD VILLA

TOO COLD FOR THE MEXICAN

NICE GARDENS

BED & BREAKFAST SIGN

MORE CHALETS


6 comments:

Sheila said...

What a heavenly place. Seems like
another planet to someone in
drought-stricken Texas.

H.Peter said...

Hope it gets better in Texas. If not, come on over.

Balvinder Ubi said...

I haven't checked your other posts but the beauty of this place caught my attention.Where is this place? Is it somewhere in France. I am pinning your first picture,I hope you don't mind.

H.Peter said...

Hi Balvinder,

the place is in Austria, my home village.

Pin away

Nadege said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!

H.Peter said...

And one day Nadege, you should visit.