Sunday, May 27, 2012

FRESH MILK




I don't think we ever bought fresher milk than today. Towards the end of the valley is a dairy farm from where my parents get their fresh milk. 
Milking time is at 6pm and today we got there just a few minutes after. The process just got under way and you can see the milk flow into the containers straight from the cows.

Still warm, unpasteurized and full of that heavy cream. Let me tell you, after years of Supermarket milk, it does take a while getting used to the flavor of pure, raw milk, but it's is well worth the initial shock on your taste buds.




FRESH FEED

THE BARN

MILK PIPELINE

STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE

TWO LITER EVERY OTHER DAY


6 comments:

ellorneo said...

I wish I could get that here in Alberta!

Nadege said...

Happy belated birthday to Isabella! I have never seen anybody making strudel; that is pretty unbelievable and it must have been delicious. The yolk of the eggs is orange just like the ones my sister get from her hens in France. Same for the milk, where in true european fashion, the cows graze on "real" grass. You are making miss Europe on this Memorial day weekend.

Nadege said...

I forgot to add " congratulations to Austria on winning the palme d'or".

H.Peter said...

Lorne, buy a cow....

H.Peter said...

Hi Nadege, Haneke did bring home the bacon again.

ellorneo said...

Peter, it's tempting! Very tempting... although the Feds would probably arrest me for possession of dairy...

I'm happy to see grass fed cows are in France!