Saturday, May 19, 2012

AT THE BEACH





Well, not really a beach, but as close to one as we will come to until the family heads back to France at the end of June.
Maybe 50 yards from my parents home is the river Steyr. A stream that begins in the valley here and runs for about 60 miles before it arrives in the city with the same name, Steyr and enters another, larger stream called Enns . That river then enters the Danube, one of Europe's largest rivers.


The weather is fantastic right now, we are hitting highs of 30 Celsius, so the river banks next to the house are a welcome rec space for the people of this hamlet. And others who know of this specific spot of course. 
The water does not get warmer than maybe 8 Celsius, it's still run off season, but just sitting by the water, wading across to the island the stream created, is a very nice activity with the family. 
Growing up, we would swim in the stream during summer, ride some makeshift rafts for a few hundred yards, I am sure kids still do the same today.




WHAT A LOCATION

RIGHT NEXT TO THE HAMLET

ISABELLA WITH HER COUSIN DANNY

YOU CAN DRINK IT

IT'S COLD


THE DOG LIKES IT TOO.

BEST SHOES FOR WALKING ON THE ROCKS

DOES IT GET ANY GREENER?

4 comments:

Nadege said...

How lucky you are! I guess I am lucky too as I love France, Austria, the US, New Zealand and Australia. I am just too busy with work right now. The entertainment industry is a "feast or famine" business. I just have to take the work while it is here.
My family in Aveyron has rivers coming down from the mountains too. Fishing is wonderful and the water clean. I just think there is something so special about Austria though. It is absolutely gorgeous.

H.Peter said...

Hope you can make it soon. Think of it as a well deserved break from all the work.

BTW, our daughter's boy friend got an internship with an LA based movie co. this summer.
Documentary something.

Nadege said...

I watch documentaries often and when they are good, I buy them. I have been on a book reading frenzy. I love good stories. (Thank you for the email. I will check the Beverly Hills restaurant out).

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Gorgeous photos, especially all the green. :-) Thanks for sharing a little bit of your adventures there.

Shirley