Monday, March 05, 2012

POPSY`S INDIAN RESTAURANT



Given the large British expat community here in the Charentes, it`s a surprise really that there are not more Indian restaurants in this area. Brits love curry. Good for Popsy's. less competition.
Popsy`s is located in St. Jean and finally we got a chance to try it. Indian cuisine is known to be excellent for Celiacs, as long as you stay away from Naan, their bread.

They serve their set lunch menu on those funky Indian plates with little compartments for each item you order,, including the appetizer.
Every time we do eat Indian food, I want to commit learning more about it. Yet so far, I have not. Maybe this year. I can`t even remember the name of my dish, some form of spicy chicken.
It came with a side of lentils, rice of course and a yogurt based sauce.` All very good, strong authentic flavors. 

Must learn to cook Indian food. Must learn to cook Indian food. Must learn to cook Indian food. 




RIGHT BY THE CLOCK TOWER IN ST. JEAN DÀNGELY

I KNOW ONE FB FRIEND FROM RED DEER WHO CAN TELL US MORE ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF THIS COLOR

GREAT LASSI AND TASTY CONDIMENTS

ALL GLUTEN FREE

MUKHWAS


2 comments:

Nadege said...

Eating indian food is experiencing an explosion of flavors in your mouth. One of my favorite too.

Andy said...

Looks a mouth watering presentation, I will have to give it a try.