Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FIRE ROASTED SAUSAGES


At the market in St. Jean d'Angely is a butcher who sells the largest variety of homemade sausages and pates. 
Since they are my favorite snack food, his stand is a weekly ritual by now and his sausages are excellent. The rest of the family is fed up with eating them, so it's just me now eating sausages.

Today they got roasted inside our stove, but I was starving and took them out too soon. They were cooked through, but have not browned enough.
No worries. They tasted as good as always. His Merguez are nice and spicy, Chipolatas are a tad sweet really, maybe due to the nutmeg. The third one with herbs is very very good as well.

With a couple of mustards, some gluten free bread, a perfect snack.




THAT'S ONLY PART OF THE SELECTION

 MERGUEZ, WITH HERBS AND CHIPOLATA

MAYBE I SHOULD BY A CAST IRON PAN

SWEET & SPICY MUSTARDS

NEXT TIME, I LEAVE THEM IN LONGER

HANDS DOWN, MERGUEZ IS THE BEST

1 comment:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I always love it when you go to the market! I'm pretty sure you could create a wonderful, satisfying meal out of just about anything. ;-)

Shirley