Wednesday, January 04, 2012

EAT FISH



Somewhere a while ago, I read that flatulating cows in Brazil contribute to the whole global warming problem we seem to have. Well, for one, I am scarred for life with this image in my head,  perfectly happy cows in the Amazon farting away like grandma after her birthday dinner, and second, though there is a challenge on this planet, please stop make me feel guilty because I like a good steak. Or two.
Those upcoming sun flares in 2013 will heat us up substantially more than cows with digestive issues ever could. I digress, as usual. 

To show good faith, I am eating fish today. Filets of Rouget in a cream sauce. 
Dang, Wikipedia says because of those cows who release gases, the planet is warmer and those fish have to migrate further north now into cooler waters. Which means the boat has to travel further, using more Diesel to catch some, so I can eat them. To feel less guilty about my meat intake. This is becoming a no win situation fast.

Regardless, fish, if sustainable (stop eating Sushi, people), makes for an incredible dinner. Easy to prepare, tasty and healthy. Unless you use butter and cream as I did today. Which comes from the cows, who we now all know fart a lot.



ROUGET FILETS


FRY A COUPLE  MINUTES IN GOOD BUTTER, ADD SALT, PEPPER

 A DASH OF DRY WHITE WINE

A SQUIRT OF CREAM, THICKEN IT UP OVER HIGH HEAT

SOME MACHE SALAD ON THE SIDE......LIFE IS GOOD

5 comments:

ellorneo said...

I just about choked with the farting cows comment, and the migration of fish to colder water thereby contributing to more fuel expense and greater pollution!

These statements probably also come from the same people who say we should eat bugs because they are more environmentally sustainable and produce far less C02 than farting cows....

That being said, the fish looks amazing!

H.Peter said...

Hey Lorne,

all good in Cochrane? Please buy a a lottery ticket, you are lucky this week.

ellorneo said...

Things are windy in Cochrane! Very windy.

WHy am I lucky this week? What did I do right?

Kevin Kossowan said...

Oh how I envy your newfound access to inexpensive solid French wines.

H.Peter said...

Hey Kevin,


rule of thumb, table wine at the resto is less expensive than a bottle of Perrier....