Thursday, December 15, 2011

CHRISTMAS ROAD TRIP



Long before we planned to head to France, I was planning Christmas 2011 at my parents in Austria.
So, instead of flying in from Canada, we are going to drive from France to Hinterstoder. The GPS tells me it's 1543km, or about 950 Miles. A hop and a jump really.

Lauren is flying in from Toronto and then is driving back with us to France. It will be a great holiday for all of us and my parents.
 Oma has organized a horse drawn sleigh ride on Christmas Eve and if I can stay awake, the plan is to take Isabella to a midnight mass at the little village church. 
It would be a first for Isabella and the rest of my girls.

There is a Hurricane warning in effect for this area until tomorrow morning, 6am. Hopefully nothing major happens and we can get out of here on time. I plan to drive until about Baden Baden or Stuttgart on Friday and then leisurely head into the Alps on Saturday. Be there by supper time and have some good Austrian food.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE



1500 CLICKS TO HINTERSTODER




HINTERSTODER. YOUR TYPICAL ALPINE VILLAGE


CLOSE TO MY PARENTS' HOUSE



WHERE WE WILL GO FOR MIDNIGHT MASS ON CHRISTMAS

3 comments:

Nadege said...

I hope the hurricane will not interfere with your plans. I love Austria; it is one of my favorite european country. Merry Christmas to you too!

H.Peter said...

Thank you.
Austria is an amazing island of peace in this somewhat distressed continent. People go about their lives as if Greece is not that important. if journalists would do the same and let the pros work it out.......

gfe--gluten free easily said...

These photos are especially beautiful. I'm weak for snow and holiday shots. ;-) The church is stunningly lovely. Enjoy Christmas with you family and being home for a bit!

Shirley