Sunday, November 20, 2011

DUCK FAT ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS.



Chances are, more readers do not like Brussel Sprouts, than those who do. That's because most of the ones made do not taste all that good.  For one reason or the other.
Well, let me tell you,  we all get stuck in our ways some times and if you are willing to try this dish, you actually will enjoy them from here on in. 

All you do is pre heat the oven to 400F, or about 200C. Melt a nice amount of that (not unhealthy) flavorful duck fat, some salt, roll them around the pan and roast them for about 45 minutes or until they are nice and crispy looking.
Turn them over once in a while, so all sides get a nice color and flavor. Your kids will not even know they are eating Brussel Sprouts. No gagging, I promise.




                                                    THEY MAKE A NICE SIDE DISH

CLEAN THEM UP A BIT

MELT SOME OF THIS AND ROAST THEM FOR 45 MIN OR NICE BROWN

GOOD SALT, TRY TO FIND SOME

2 comments:

ellorneo said...

I think it should be Lard a la Canard. That sounds so much more appetizing. I don't think there's any way we could find that back here in Cochrane.

Lorne

H.Peter said...

hey Lorne,

down at the Kingsland Farmers' Market, Green Acres sells duck fat.

Send me some pics of your business set up and background story, I'll put it on my Blog