Sunday, November 13, 2011

AT THE ANTIQUE SHOW

My first antique show in France. For sure not my last. Held at the Exposition center in La Rochelle, the fair was a step up from last week's Brocante we went to in Loulay.

I always had an interest, a passion almost, for fine furniture and decor. Sometimes I contemplate stepping back into it, buying and selling, so this fair gave me a good idea what the market is like over here.

Prices are higher, but then so is the quality of objects shown. We only hung around for a couple of hours, I watched a few transactions, but am not sure how much will be sold this weekend.

The variety of goods available is much better of course in Europe, since there is some age to the continent. Less Bric a Brac, more true antiques. I wonder if the looming recession with the Euro turmoil might present a good entry point into the industry? Time will tell.




















No comments: