Tuesday, February 01, 2011

GLUTEN FREE CHICKEN SALAD

Lauren left last week. To live in Toronto and explore that part of Canada.
That left three of us at the dinner table. Both Victoria and Isabella eat small portions.  On Sunday I roasted a Hutterite chicken that was way to big for our dinner. Can't help it. Love it.

Then the leftovers....a pain mostly. Nobody wants re heated chicken. But we all love Chicken salad.
I make it usually, so it's my ingredients of choice. There are tons of versions for this simple dish, so choose what you like to add. Raisins are fine, chopped walnuts or Celery are all good too. Spice it up with Chili sauce or paprika.

But I like my chicken salad with Lingonberries and Apples, some Mayo, Pepper and that's it.


MY VERSION

WHEN YOU ROAST ONE OF THESE...

....YOU'LL HAVE SOME LEFTOVERS, SO CHOP IT UP

PEEL, CORE AND SHRED SOME APPLES

ADD LINGONERRIES (IKEA)

 SOME MAYO AS WELL, MIX IT UP. DONE!

3 comments:

Lauren Jane Marie said...

Ohhhhhh. I miss your chicken salad. I had this wonderful thought that I'd make some today...but all the lingonberry I bought for thanksgiving disappeared. And no one knows how. Sigh.

newsnewgadget said...

nice food look delecious

Vincci said...

Yum! I made a chicken salad with apple recently as well (and celery and curry powder...) The lingonberry sounds like an interesting idea! I also have some dried cranberries at home...