Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GLUTEN FREE RISOTTO (SO EASY, A 10 YEAR OLD CAN MAKE IT)




That must be Risotto post #6 on this Blog. At least. But we love Risotto and this time, I have to say, Isabella did make most of it. I did help her with the bacon, that knife is too scary for her she said.
The rest? 80% Isabella. She watched me making it plenty of times, so when I asked her if she'd like to try with my help, we got her stool ( this way she actually see INTO the pots) and off she went. 

Plenty of Risotte recipes online, just pick your favorite and follow these simple steps. We made one with European double smoked bacon, which you could even eat without frying it first. It gave the Risotto another dimension of flavor.

I used up the rest of my beef stock from last weekend, but really, you can use any good stoe bought stok as well. 
 It's such a forgiving dish, you can add cream if you'd like to make it less salty, you could chop in some shalottes which we don't, due to Victoria's reaction to anything onion, no matter what you add, you will enjoy this great dish.


 
MADE BY ISABELLA


A FEW GOOD INGREDIENTS


 CHOP THE GARLIC (SMALL KNIFE)

CUT THE EUROPEAN BACON (SCARY KNIFE)

 3 POTS ONLY, EASY TO DO DISHES.....

WHEN THE GARLIC IS ROASTED, ADD THE RICE

MAKE THE RICE "SWEAT", ADD A SPLASH OF WHITE WINE

ADD STOCK LADLE BY LADLE


NEEDS A LOT OF STIRRING


GRATE THE PARMESAN ( ALOT OF WORK)

 TASTE IT AFTER ABOUT 20 MINTUES OF STIRRING

ADD CHEESE

AND THE BACON

NOW I CAN EAT & CHECK MESSAGE ON MY iPOD


No comments: