Monday, January 10, 2011

GLUTEN FREE PIRI PIRI CHICKEN

"JUST CHICKEN. BUT THE BEST." That's the short answer I got a while ago from a guy who was renovating a spot next to a meat place here in south east Calgary.
Well, it's finally open and past weekend I had to check it out.
It turns out they specialize in flame broiled Piri Piri Chicken. Never heard of it? Neither did I. Another reason to order some. It's  made with a spicy Portugese/African chili pepper sauce in which the chicken gets marinated.

Very nice. Flame broiled, mild or spicy marinated chicken with a side of rice. All gluten free. They also offer fried Chicken and fries, which of course I do not recommend, since the coating is not GF.

Now. The staff ( owners) were a bit shaky on the gluten free issue, but once they fully understood why I am asking so many questions, they cleared it up and told me no gluten in the flame broiled version. Come to think of it, I did see a diifferent fryer for the chicken, maybe even the fries are good to eat then without cross contamination.

Check it out if you are in the neighborhood:





FLAME GRILLED, SPICY CHICKEN


 FLAVORFUL RICE


YOU CAN TASTE IT!


 THAT'S A GOOD DEAL





 JUST OFF 17TH AVE SE

No comments: