Thursday, September 30, 2010

INTERNATIONAL BAKING INDUSTRY SHOW



I enjoy trade shows. Both as an exhibitor or as a buyer. Obviously my prime focus would be on related shows that pertain to what I do.
This trip however was for GF PATISSERIE and we attended an amazing bakery show.

Las Vegas is known for putting on excellent trade shows and this one was no exception. I felt a bit out of place, since I really have no relation to bakery equipment short of peeling the paper back so I can eat the cupcake faster.

At this exhibition everything and everybody was on display. I am just showing you a few images, it was truly overwhelming.
Interestingly there were only a handfull of gluten free products/services on display and all of them that Victoria talked to, expressed how busy they have been.

Personally what did I get out of this show? Loads and loads of samples. I ate my way through this show and it was tasty. Don't find that kind of service at my furniture shows in High Point....

As an observation I realized how industrialized this baking business is getting. 95% of the exhibits were related to mass production. Machines bigger than the equipment at a drill site for oil & gas I tell you.
Feed the masses - eat with the classes, could have been the right slogan here.

The other 5% that sort of were in the artisanial side of the business definitely looked out of place at this show. But it was these few booth that were of interest to Victoria. New products to try, a new supplier for this and that and the whole trip was well worth it.






SO MUCH TO EAT, EVERYWHERE


COLORFUL BUT NOT SO TASTY

PISTACHIO BUTTER. AMAZING PRODUCT


THE VANILLA GUYS


A SMALLER CHALLAH PRODUCER


THE CANADIAN ENTRY IN A COMPETITION

ALL THE PACKAGING YOU NEED


PEANUT FLOUR



HOW MANY BUNS A MINUTE CAN THIS MACHINE MAKE?


COMPUTER PROGRAMMED CAKE DECORATOR

SLICE IT, DICE IT



A SELF SERVE BAKERY???

ALL AUTOMATED, HANDS OFF BAKING


TOP OF THE LINE BAKING EQUIPMENT

ROBOT IN A BAKERY, THIS ONE WAS A SORTER AND PICKER ROBOT

1 comment:

prolix said...

This looks so good! I'm going to try it.
I actually enjoyed reading through this posting. Many thanks.
Bakery Equipment