Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HOW TO MAKE SPAGO'S MOST FAMOUS PIZZA. GLUTEN FREE




THAT'S ALL YOU NEED

EVOO


BRUSH IT ON AND BAKE FOR A FEW

COOK AT HOME! LOVE IT

AS HOT AS POSSIBLE

PREPARE THE SCHMEAR

CAPERS & ONIONS

AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE, WHAT YOU LIKE


SMOKED SALMON





NOT TRUE. ISABELLA DID NOT LIKE IT. BUT THE DOG DID.


Sort of. With some changes and no caviar. But it's similar. AND Gluten Free. I like capers with my smoked salmon, Wolfgang Puck uses red onions, I used green ones. He uses Sour Cream with Dill, I don't like Dill and used Creme Fraiche because it tastes better.

I had the original one at Spago's once and it is amazing. Even with the red onions. Here is a little clip of Mr. Puck, prepping one for Oprah.


http://www.oprah.com/food/Wolfgang-Pucks-Smoked-Salmon-Pizza-Video



Naturally I used GF PATISSERIE'S gluten free Pizza Crust, which you all know is a great choice.
However, if you are not from Calgary and like to use shrink wrap (not in THAT way....), here is another great video of a chef who will show you how to use that shrink wrap when you want to make your own gluten free Pizza crust.

His wife came out with a great cookbook for Celiacs. I really want that book. I really want a signed copy though, but so far I was unable to get a response. Maybe if we all promise to buy a signed copy, we might persuade her to visit Cochrane, AB for a stop on her book tour?
. I know, I know. It's not New York.  But how cool would it be?





2 comments:

wheat free mom said...

I have emailed many different times to 'Gluten free girl" Shauna Ahern and have not gotten responses. I loved her first book, and am waiting patiently for her latest cookbook. I too, have also asked them to come to Alberta.

H.Peter said...

Hi Carrie,

yes, the air is thin on the top.....but it's OK.

I did not really expect a response, but it would have been nice.