Sunday, September 12, 2010

GLUTEN FREE MARSHMALLOWS



At Dollarama of all places. Can you believe it?
Whenever I tell Isabella that I am going to buy some meat, she is more than keen to tag along. Not for the scary butcher shop, but for the Dollar Store next door.
 While I select my cut for whatever I need, she is walking the isles of that store trying to find some new thing she then tries to talk me into buying. Usually a toy or key chain.
Well really, I don't mind. It could be worse and she could have already developed her mother's taste for finer things in life and ask me to buy her something at Holt Renfrew......imagine my horror.

Anyway, I digress. When I picked her up at the store, I saw these Marshmallows. The family likes having some of them broiled as sweet potato toppings. But usually they have some form of modified starch in them so we never buy any.
But this maker even stamped gluten free on the package. Right below all the other bad ingredients.....good enough for just a bit of flavoring.

Seven locations in Calgary, go stock up for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.













6 comments:

ellorneo said...

You certainly are an inspiration for new recipes. Sweet potatoes and marshmallow? SWEET! I am so in!

A good find, and I bet they only cost $1

Christy said...

H.Peter,
I thought the Kraft Jet puffed marshmallows were gluten free...
are you thinking they aren't??

Lauren Jane Marie said...

Christy...
Don't worry the Kraft ones are...I think he's just referring to other unknown brands that generally state modified starch on the label...

H.Peter said...

Kraft marshmallows seem to be GF, however this brand had it clearly printed on package.

Christy said...

oh good, thank you. and yes, having it stamped on the package is always nice.

Kristen O'Sullivan said...

I agree with Christy; it shows that the company's well aware of our ritual in the grocery store: reading the ingredients of whatever unfamiliar stuff we buy to make sure there's no gluten in it!
If you guys ever want more gluten-free recipes, check out my blog:
celiactivism.blogspot.com/