Friday, June 04, 2010

GLUTEN FREE MAC-N-CHEESE

Many recipes out there, regular and GF. I just winged it as I usually do. Turned out good. Not as good as Victoria's who has much more patience than I will ever have.

Make a Roux, I like to roast the garlic in the butter first, I also don't like my Roux too dry, so I use much less flour. Pour in the COLD milk and keep stirring. Use some spices, I love Nutmeg, so add some of it. A dash of wine to break down the cheese (less stringy).
Turn down heat to very low, mix in the cheese(s). I find Mac-N-Cheese perfect to emtpy my cheese drawer....mix in all those older chunks that have been sitting there for a while. ( I wonder if Isabella reads this. Some of the cheese was, ehm, how can I say, VERY old)

Since everybody loves the crispy brown top, why not use a wider dish over a deep casserole? This way you get more surface and those crispy bits. Bake in oven until done. I have no idea when it's done. Mine was, when we ate it....





55 MINUTES FROM START TO SERVE

ROUX WITH GF PATISSERIE ALL PURPOSE FLOUR

ADD MILK

ADD CHEESES SLOWLY

LEFTOVERS ARE GOOD. SO MAKE LOTS.

COVER WITH CHEESE SAUCE, BAKE.

DO YOU WANT TO MOVE IN WITH US?

DINNER IS READY

No comments: