Wednesday, May 12, 2010

GLUTEN FREE SOMETHING (QUICK AND GOOD)







4.40pm. I came home from Isabella's school at 3.20pm. On the way to school, I picked up some stuff to cook something with. No plan. Just see what falls in my basket. I am busy. I am leaving in 30 minutes to head to the auction. Last night of the sale. Bargains galore!

But I had to cook something for Isabella. Her mother is baking up a storm for this week's orders and the Celiac Vendor FAir, so she won't be home until 6pm.
Stir fry. Fast, healthy, easy. That was the goal. But really, I do not like it so much. I prefer something with a sauce. But sauces take time or thicken quick with too much flour....yuck.
That's why I bought sour cream. My short cut to a bit thicker sauce and adding quick taste.

Below meal is not made by recipe, just by cutting up veggies and stuff, add the beef, some flavour (Mustard, Ginger, Garlic, Red Wine, Salt & Pepper), serve it with rice. All under 60 minutes, including eating with Isabella.
Not going to win any price for looks, but the taste of it turned out pretty good for just winging it.

GLUTEN FREE QUICKIE

WHAT I BOUGHT

WHAT I FOUND IN THE FRIDGE

CHOP CHOP

FRY IT ALL UP

ADD FLAVOUR

VEGGIES FOR "HEALTHY" LABEL


A SHORTCUT, RICE FLOUR COATED BUTTER TO THICKEN



WILL SHE LIKE IT?






POSTED AT 4.52

2 comments:

karenk said...

I love those kinds of meals, just take what you have and make a one pot wonder.

H.Peter said...

Hello Karen,

when in a rush, just bluff your way through the kitchen.....it usually works.